Solved! Which laptop is better lenove dell acer

gurpreet_0755

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
Hello,
i m gurpreet.i wnt to buy laptop for my home use.with the configuration of 500gb hd.3 gb ram.so i wnt to knw which one is the best and rough and tough in lenovo dell or acer

Solution
Hello,
i m gurpreet.i wnt to buy laptop for my home use.with the configuration of 500gb hd.3 gb ram.so i wnt to knw which one is the best and rough and tough in lenovo dell or acer

Of the 3 brands you listed (if those are your only choices) I would pick Dell first and Lenovo second. I would not spend actual money on an Acer but might accept it for free if it was given to me and in manufacturer sealed condition...but I wouldn't admit to having it.
None of them actually "makes" a laptop.

The vast majority of laptops on the market are manufactured by a small handful of Original Design Manufacturers (ODM).
Major relationships include:

Quanta sells to (among others) HP/Compaq, Dell, Toshiba, Sony, Fujitsu, Acer, NEC, Gateway and Lenovo/IBM - note that
Compal sells to Toshiba, HP/Compaq, Acer, and Dell.
Positivo Informatica sells to Samsung, Sony, Siragon, Toshiba, HP
Wistron (former manufacturing & design division of Acer) sells to HP/Compaq, Dell, IBM, NEC, Acer, and Lenovo/IBM.
Flextronics (former Arima Computer Corporation notebook division) sells to HP/Compaq, NEC, and Dell.
Itautec sells to Siragon, LG, Samsung, Sony
ECS sells to IBM, Fujitsu, and Dell.
Asus sells to Apple (iBook), Sony, and Samsung.
Inventec sells to HP/Compaq, Toshiba, BenQ, and Acer.
Lanix sells to Sony, Compaq, Toshiba, Siragon, Itautec
Uniwill sells to Lenovo/IBM and Fujitsu & PC World UK own brand Advent.
Clevo sells the same designs to dozens of "re-branders" including Sager, XoticPC, Eurocom, RJtech, RKC notebooks, Pro-Star, PowerNotebooks, Origin PC, AVAdirect, V3 Gaming PC, Falcon Northwest, CyberPower, iBuyPower, System 76, PC Torque, Puget systems, Vigor Gaming, M-Tech, XTreme Notebooks, Smooth-Creations, MALIBAL, Widow PC, Hypersonic PC systems, Micro Express Computers, Jinco Computers, DevilTech, ChiliGreen, and many many more.
MSI follow similar re-branding practices to Clevo, although on a lesser scale, and also preserve their own MSI brand. Lotus is one MSI re-brander.

I generally buy Clevo's as I can have them built to my specs

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/91510-clevo-guide-v2-0-faq-reseller-info.html

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
Hello,

Of the 3 brands you listed (if those are your only choices) I would pick Dell first and Lenovo second. I would not spend actual money on an Acer but might accept it for free if it was given to me and in manufacturer sealed condition...but I wouldn't admit to having it.

Solution

I think you can leave out IBM especially since they sold their Desktop / Laptop division to Lenovo in order to focus solely on IT infrastructure services, business process improvements, and application management services among other things.