Asus Laptop keyboard issue

nivekeleets21

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
Hi all I am taking a look at a friends laptop it is an asus win 7 64 bit. The issue they are experiencing is that the laptop keyboard is acting sort of funky. When for instance the s key is pressed when typing in word for example time stamp information like the date and time starts filling the document. However, when the a key is pressed the repeting of the information stops and everything is normal again.

I went and took a look at the keyboad in the device manager IO 0060 and 0064 both have red x's throgh them. I had a similar problem before and uninstalled the mousepad driver and and the keyboard driver and let them revert back to MS drivers and everything was ok. In this case it did not work.

So I went in a new direction and booted into a live version of ubuntu and the same issue persisted as previosuley described before. So iam thinking it is really just a hardware issue and not a driver issue. However, i dont know what could cause such a problem to just pop up. Any suggestions for a new direction are welcome.

thanks all

kevin