Lost of function!!! why???

mogong

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
hello there, i have a new problem after i sent my laptop to the technician..before i ask for repair, my laptop has a black screen where i can't access into my desktop..the technician told me that my windows corrupt bcoz virus has entered my laptop as i'm using a pirate windows so he formatted my laptop and do a backup file for me..and yes, of coz there do it and now my data still here..but now the problem is the button for shortcut on my keyboard do not function as before..for example Fn+wireless button and other shortcut button for my laptop..it's like all the function has been disabled..so, any idea on how to fix it myself?? and what is the cause?? is it bcoz they formatted it?? btw, my laptop is ASUS A42J..i just use it for 5months..thanks, any help will be appreciate.. :D

Solution
Those function keys need a driver to work. If you have a driver dvd/cd (You should have got it when buying your laptop), try to install the drivers that way. If you don't have a driver dvd/cd, go to www.asus.com, look up your laptop, go to downloads and see if you can find it there,

good luck

tomvertommen

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
Those function keys need a driver to work. If you have a driver dvd/cd (You should have got it when buying your laptop), try to install the drivers that way. If you don't have a driver dvd/cd, go to www.asus.com, look up your laptop, go to downloads and see if you can find it there,

good luck

Solution