Acer laptop partition

Somuroy

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Hello,
I have purchased an Acer Happy 10.1 inch Laptop today. Realised that the C drive is the only major drive with the operating software Windows 7 installed on it. Rest drives are smaller ones with Android, and other recovery softwares. Can I divide the C drive into 2 partitions so that one housed the os and the other houses my data. Then any futire formatting of the C drive will not affect my data. Thx

Solution

I'm not familiar with that particular notebook but I'm pretty sure your other "drives" are simply small partitions. Just to be clear.

Anyway, yes, you should be able to do what you want. You will have to shrink the Windows 7 partition to do so. Once you shrink that partition, the "leftover" space will be unallocated...

eightdrunkengods

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011

I'm not familiar with that particular notebook but I'm pretty sure your other "drives" are simply small partitions. Just to be clear.

Anyway, yes, you should be able to do what you want. You will have to shrink the Windows 7 partition to do so. Once you shrink that partition, the "leftover" space will be unallocated. Create a partition in the new, unallocated space. This partition will have a different drive letter and you will be able to format it as if it were a separate disk. Partition Wizard (Home edition 7) is free software and can do all of this. Obviously be sure to back everything up before you do this.

When you use Partition Wizard, you can queue up several actions and then have them applied in sequence. I recommend ignoring this feature and applying actions one at a time.

Keep us posted.

Solution

enbm

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
Hello Friend,
Yes, you can resize partition C without lose of any data. All you need Hiren's boot cd 12 Restored edition.
- Write "hiren" on CD or bootable USB flash drive.
- boot from CD/ USB
- start "Acronis Disk Director"
- Choose "resize partition size"
- Reduce the size of the end of the partition
- create new partition
that's all

Somuroy

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011

Thx for your reply. I followed it and was able to do the needful. Regards

Somuroy

Distinguished