Solved! Why does my laptop keep turning off

mike331

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
Hello, ive had this sony vaio for about two years now and up untill now its been working great, im not a real computer person but i use it for school, all of a sudden my laptop started turning off on its own and as soon as it shuts of i hear a loud click. now it wont get passed the welcome screen. any clues as to what it might be or what i could to to make it better?

Solution

Two possibilities come to mind.

1: The laptop is overheating. A 2 year old lap top probably needs a thorough cleaning. Google your model and cleaning to find the proper procedure.

2: Bad laptop battery. You can test this, assuming your laptop can run without a battery, by removing the battery and trying it.

Both of these have happened on my Asus laptop.

dhvd79a

Distinguished
May 9, 2006

Two possibilities come to mind.

1: The laptop is overheating. A 2 year old lap top probably needs a thorough cleaning. Google your model and cleaning to find the proper procedure.

2: Bad laptop battery. You can test this, assuming your laptop can run without a battery, by removing the battery and trying it.

Both of these have happened on my Asus laptop.

Solution

mike331

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
i plugged in my lap top to the wall and its working fine . my laptop sure could use a good cleaning tho thanks for the help! now i just have to find a new battery :eek: