What would be the best laptop for me?

stacydawn

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
Hello,
I am a full time student studying animation, I am not a very technical person when it come to computer technology. I currently use the Adobe Creative Suite 4 (but may upgrade)using mostly After Effects, Photoshop and Premiere. My last laptop (Compac CQ60) consisted of so many faults especially with overheating, so I am now having to purchase another. I am on a budget of £400 and need another laptop that will handle rendering, download and upload speeds, as well as having good graphics and multi-tasking between software programmes when editing. I would appreciate some help so I can make a wise decision this time :)

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I would suggest the Dell Precision Mobile Workstation series. The US link is below, but should give you enough info to find via the UK site:

http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/precision-laptops

You shoould also look at Dell's student/academic discount program and Dell's Outlet Store (I assume both exist via the UK site). The Precisions offer the features needed to do as you require/desire.

Good luck! May your studies go well.

Hello stacydawn;

Your budget might not be ideal for what you plan to do with the laptop but it is your budget and you can get a laptop that will easily run the software you want. Uploading/downloading are not demanding tasks, the same for most of the usual student work and light entertainment pursuits like music, movies and video.

Keeping your budget in mind, here a few options that should be a good fit.
@ Dixon's or Curry's: LENOVO G570 15.6" Laptop £400
Also available online Lenovo G570 £390

If you don't mind playing the cash back rebate game: Samsung RV520 15" notebook £417 / £367

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
THe product comparison wont show since we did not introduce the items into it.

Generally, any dual core+4gb ram+1gb video card (ATI/Nvidia) will do. The more you spend, the faster thigs will work (but also HOTTER).

For information on noteboock, check www.notebookcheck.org