HELP I don't know whats happening with my Acer

spookspy26

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
Hi Everyone :) I need some help and advice about my Acer one Notebook I would be very grateful for any help or advice from you good people.

1st- When i switch on my Laptop and it goes through it's start up proceedure I will log in ok but then I get a dark screen and a grey box which reads windows is unable to retreive windows service and there is nothing on my desktop except the recycle bin, Its at this point i have to restart again. This might happen another twice or three times.What can i do? However the Icons and taskbar are not the bright colours they have turned grey.

2nd- I am on my lap top and I will randomly go onto a website via my google search engine. Every now and again i will be taken to Groupon coupons or alsorts when i have not requestedto do so I have also known it to take me to you tube or ebay when i haven't requested to My pop up blocker is on and this doesnt happen all the time only now and again. It's doing my head in.

I never got a disc when i bought this laptop last year it was pre-loaded with windows 7 starter. If i shouls ever need to reformat the laptop do i have to buy a new copy ? or will it be stored to start from new.

Hope you can help and advise me it driving me mad now :( Keep up the good work Guys and Gals
Kindest Regards
John Tulley

plasmastorm

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
Just sounds like a corrupted registry due to malware / virus to be honest. nothing unusual.

Backup your data and reinstall the system, that will be quicker than finding and fixing the fault.
It would not have come with a disk as ALL acer laptops ask the owner to insert a blank dvd to create their own. If you have not done this then open Acer recovery manager in your start menu and do it.

spookspy26

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010

Thanks Plasmastorm, I will show your answer to my buddy who more tec minded than i am. I am sure he will show me how to go about and do what you have advised ...Thanks again.