Laptop boot to black screen

mogong

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Hello,i've problem with my laptop..it's ASUS A42J..i've been using it not more than 12months and the warranty is 24months..ok, the problem is now i cannot access into it..when i turn it on, the ASUS logo came out then after that the choice for start it using safe mode or start windows normally also came out..but i already try both of it, 1st i chose start windows normally but it takes a few minutes for the user choice to appear..what i mean with user choice is the one that u have to choose ur username and write down the password..ok, after i click my username it's loading but for a minutes more but still i can't access instead a black screen appear with only my cursor..can somebody tell me what's the problem, i don't want to buy another laptop now..it's still new..btw, last night before this problem occur i use my laptop almost 24hour bcoz i'm doing my assignment..can somebody help me?? thanks..

Solution
if you dont care about your data just use the restore disk or restore utility built into the laptop (generally hitting one of the f# keys while booting, it should say which).

if you want to keep the data it gets harder.
i recomend using puppy linux it loads linux entirely into ram then you can mount your drive and copy your data to another computer via lan, or burn it to disk, or usb storage devices, etc
you can down load and burn puppy linux from any computer that isnt broken of course. or you can put it on a flash drive but thats harder. "img burn" will burn the image with no problems and its free.

farrengottu

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
if you dont care about your data just use the restore disk or restore utility built into the laptop (generally hitting one of the f# keys while booting, it should say which).

if you want to keep the data it gets harder.
i recomend using puppy linux it loads linux entirely into ram then you can mount your drive and copy your data to another computer via lan, or burn it to disk, or usb storage devices, etc
you can down load and burn puppy linux from any computer that isnt broken of course. or you can put it on a flash drive but thats harder. "img burn" will burn the image with no problems and its free.

Solution

mogong

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
thanx, but i really need all the data inside..it's important for me..about the linux i don't really know much on how to do that..btw, if i bring my laptop for service, what will the laptop technician do?? are they going to format my laptop?? and if so, does the program inside will be deleted?? e.g my antivirus, IDM and so on...will they do a backup file for all the data inside?? sorry for asking to much but i don't really know about problem related to laptop..thanks again.. :)

p/s: do u know what cause my laptop having this problem?? :(