Can glass cleaning cloth harm my tablet PC's screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

balanovich

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
What I mean by "glass cleaning cloth": When you buy a normal pair of glasses, the type you put on your face to see better, you get a small piece of tissue to clean them. That's what I'm referring to.

I have Lenovo tablet PC X201 with a multitouch screen. I want to use it to take note during class. I write on it with the stylus the side of my hand lays on the screen, like it would on a normal sheet of paper. The problem is that the computer sees that as clicking. That causes all kinds of problems.

I had the idea of putting a glass cleaning cloth under my hand to avoid that.
Can it scratch my screen ?

Does anyone have a better solution (better piece of cloth) ?

Thank you all

Solution
It is called a microfiber cloth. It should be fine; the smaller the width of the thread, the less likely it will scratch. Just use distilled water to clean any display surface. Do not use sometime like Windex.

balanovich

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
Ok thanks

To avoid undesirable clicks I just went in control panel and unselected "use finger as input device" option.
This left me with the sticky/sweaty hand problem. But I bought a piece of microfiber and it should be OK.

Just one detail though, when you say "It is called microfiber cloth" Does "It" refer to what I call a "glass cleaning cloth" or the "better option" ?? (Or both? )

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS