How to Get Rid of the Incessant Buzz of Vuvuzelas

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkyam

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
[citation][nom]joeblowschmoe[/nom]I didn't know "culture" was a plastic horn produced in China, but I digress, i just watch with mute on.[/citation]

Here it is Mr. KnowItAll who thinks everything are made in China. You must have issues if you enjoy watching a football match with mute on, regardless of how annoying the sound of vuvuzelas is.

joeblowschmoe

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
[citation][nom]mkyam[/nom]Here it is Mr. KnowItAll who thinks everything are made in China. You must have issues if you enjoy watching a football match with mute on, regardless of how annoying the sound of vuvuzelas is.[/citation]

Did I say everything is made in China you ******* dunce? Read it again numbnuts before coming at me, ********.

Mute button > expensive software has nothing to do with "issues", whatever in the hell that means, either, ******.

*Post edited by moderator* Cool it on the language.

G

PMSL @ "BRITISH SOCCER HOOLIGANS"

Either that, or we could get those "YANKY DOODLE REDNECKS TO SHOOT THEM Y'ALL WITH THEIR SMITH AND WESSONS Y'ALL, UHUH!!!!!"
ahem.

Gonemad

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Can I use those active noise-cancelling earphones, will it pick up the vuvuzela and mistake it as 737 turbine humming, thus filtering it out?.

On second thought, even a 737 wouldn´t be as annoying.
It reminds of the film "the Mask" with that "squeeze gently" take. It takes the words "blow me" to a whole new level. That would be the ultimate noise cancelling tool.

G

Now how about a preset? "Remove Vuvuzela" ready-made plug-ins will sell like hotcakes.

Vixe

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
As a South African myself, I guarantee you that the vuvuzella has nothing to do with "culture" - it's not a cultural instrument at all. Personally, I hate it. It's all about making noise - literally. The sole purpose of it is to just make a monotonous noise. But I guess people enjoy doing it in live performances of the World Cup, just because it contributes to the atmosphere. You might say it's just a local way of "having a good time" at a sports event.

gdilord

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
@Vixe: I am also a South African and IMHO the vuvuzela is definitely part of our soccer/football culture. I think that it's a matter of personal preference. Some people think that the vuvuzela is annoying, horrible and stupid, I don't. I think that the chanting and singing at the European matches is unintelligible and silly, some people don't.

Ultimately if a person chooses to not experience the fullness of the first *African* World Cup, it's their loss.

-=============() PWAAAAP!!!!
:)

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I don't care about the host countries culture at all. FIFA should have banned Vuvuzela's two weeks ago before the first game started. South African can continue their culture of mindlessly blowing into plastic trumpets when the rest of the world isn't trying to watch.

I'm surprised ESPN hasn't removed this crap from the feed. I've muted every game I've watched so far because of the stupid fucking Vuvezelas.

isamuelson

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]I don't care about the host countries culture at all. FIFA should have banned Vuvuzela's two weeks ago before the first game started. South African can continue their culture of mindlessly blowing into plastic trumpets when the rest of the world isn't trying to watch. I'm surprised ESPN hasn't removed this crap from the feed. I've muted every game I've watched so far because of the stupid fucking Vuvezelas.[/citation]

Muting doesn't hurt their ratings. You're still watching it.

Of course, every time an African team looses, I notice the Vuvzela tooting dies down during the game. Too funny!

Not sure if the remaining horns still blatting are either the opposition celebrating or just fans who love to "toot their own horn!" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.