New Xbox 360 is Actually Called the Xbox 360 'S'

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I thought it was actually much smaller than the original, until I looked closely at the picture. I thought that the big port above the HDMI port was the HDMI port...

Anyways I was already wondering why everybody was calling it the slim in the first place, since it was never called such.

oh, and nice of them to give optical audio, although I have my doubts that it will be proper Dolby Digital 5.1, it will likely just be stereo.

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
PS3 owner here, not a fan boy though (kinda grown for that stuff). After seeing that Kinect sensor demonstrated, I've been leaning towards purchasing an Xbox360. Looks more promising than the Move to be honest, and this system seems pretty well built and complete compared to the bigger version.

noodlegts

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
S for Sexy.

No seriously I was watching Entourage yesterday and I saw like 19 commercials for this thing. It's pretty sexy.

ordcestus

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]I thought it was actually much smaller than the original, until I looked closely at the picture. I thought that the big port above the HDMI port was the HDMI port...Anyways I was already wondering why everybody was calling it the slim in the first place, since it was never called such.oh, and nice of them to give optical audio, although I have my doubts that it will be proper Dolby Digital 5.1, it will likely just be stereo.[/citation]
Everyone thought microsoft would release a slim version of the 360 instead of a redesigned case.

G

Never been a console user, mostly due to the extreme high price of the games of said consoles. Due to family & friends pressuring might be swayed to buy one... And this new Xbox looks really nice! Wonder if they just paid attention to the exterior or if that RRoD problem which I heard so much about is fixed and now a thing of the past??

ulysses35

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2008
S = Suuuuweeeet ? like you can really tell from the photo of the back of the machine.

I dont have or intend to own one but I l;ike many other people (owerns) would like to know if MS have done anything about the dire cooling setup inside the machine ?

After all smaller case means less room for air to circulate, and if the cooler hasnt been updated then the problem will still exist.

To make the whole machien look better - just drop the MS branding

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Yay, they put the HDMI port on directly.
And is that? No, it can't be. DisplayPort? That really caught my attention.

Microsoft finally made the Xbox what it should have been, kudos on that.

Is the powerbrick still external? For my old xbox, it's huge, and damn near as loud as the Xbox itself.

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]Yay, they put the HDMI port on directly.And is that? No, it can't be. DisplayPort? That really caught my attention.Microsoft finally made the Xbox what it should have been, kudos on that.Is the powerbrick still external? For my old xbox, it's huge, and damn near as loud as the Xbox itself.[/citation]
It's not a display port it's the plug for stndart composite cables.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]I thought that the big port above the HDMI port was the HDMI port.[/citation]

That big port is the original Xbox 360 multi-out video port. They used to add optical audio in the dongle that plugs into that port so it's not totally new and should be 5.1 in games that support it.

Here is a page that shows the dongle version optical connector.

http://www.dolby.com/consumer/setup/connectivity/game-console/xbox360.html

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
It's pretty nice looking, I'll admit. However, it's really not much smaller, so I'm somewhat confused on why they bothered. Oh well, I may get one to add to my gaming collection (PC and PS3 currently). That is, assuming they actually fixed the overheating issues...

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Userremoved[/nom]It's not a display port it's the plug for stndart composite cables.[/citation]
The port over the ethernet?

Just read the Anand article, no internal PSU yet, butatleast it's smaller. Still huge for something that will never see 100W though.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
after how unreliable the console has been for more than 50% of 360 users. Microsoft is using the S to finally admit to what the console really is. just place the s at the end of that sentence and you will know what it stands for. a piece of ______

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]after how unreliable the console has been for more than 50% of 360 users. Microsoft is using the S to finally admit to what the console really is. just place the s at the end of that sentence and you will know what it stands for. a piece of ______[/citation]
Let me guess you own a PS3. I had my Xbox Red Ring only once and it did not damage the Xbox it worked fine after a restart. Maybe it's because most people dont realize the Xbox better when horizantal.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Userremoved[/nom]Let me guess you own a PS3. I had my Xbox Red Ring only once and it did not damage the Xbox it worked fine after a restart. Maybe it's because most people dont realize the Xbox better when horizantal.[/citation]

and let me guess your an Xbox 360 uptight fanboy? because you comment makes you sound like one. and maybe your 360 only red ringed on you once but ask the other 99% of 360 owners and see how many of there 360's they had to send back for warranty work or replace out of there own pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.