HP 6910P laptop external vga

fmw63

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
Hello, I can't get a signal from my laptop on my Mitsubishi XC3730 37" monitor VGA input. I've tried all of the switching on the laptop I can find (Windows, ATI Catalyst, the fn+F5 key) but nothing even produces as much as a flicker on the monitor. The monitor does work - I use it now with an HD tv tuner, and have used it with several other HD tuners, as well as an IBM T23 laptop. I even tried the laptop with another monitor and it works with it Any ideas?

Pyree

Distinguished
did you go to creating and arranging desktop and see 2 display on the list? I think you are using an older version of CCC. You have to drag the second monitor to a box to activate it in older versions of CCC from my memory. If it is a new version, just right click on display number 2 and select extend (more desktop space) or replicate (both screen display same image).

I suggest you update CCC for better support.

fmw63

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
Did all of the above...still doesn't work. But I have noticed now the monitor goes to a black screen (instead of blue) for a half second every few minutes... but none of the switching gets me anything...