Solved! Improving Toshiba Qosmio performance

LeonWittig

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
I have bought a Toshiba Qosmio F60/00Y, Intel i7 M620 @ 2.67 processor, with an Nvidea Gforce 330M 1gbs graphics card. I mainly use it to run 3d animation software like Autodesk 3ds Max, Revit and AutoCAD, which require a lot of prcessing power. I have already doubled the ram to 8 gbs, but still the laptop runs slowly for this hi spec machine. I have noticed that Toshiba has a number of programs that run in the background, could this slow the machine down? It takes a couple of minutes for the laptop to boot up and run all its start up programs before I can make it do anything.
What can I do to improve the performance of this laptop.

Solution
The Bloatware (usually the term used for softare vendors install on their system) will slow down a PC. Enough so that I built clean P4 systems that preople said run faster than new dual-core computers they had.

Since many vendors use different names for their software it can be hard to figure out what's needed and what's not. Any automatic update software will be safe to remove, backup taks you don't use, fancy taksbars, things like that.
The Bloatware (usually the term used for softare vendors install on their system) will slow down a PC. Enough so that I built clean P4 systems that preople said run faster than new dual-core computers they had.

Since many vendors use different names for their software it can be hard to figure out what's needed and what's not. Any automatic update software will be safe to remove, backup taks you don't use, fancy taksbars, things like that.

Solution