Mortal Kombat is Coming back in Old-school Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

d-block

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
[citation][nom]micr0be[/nom]nothing but love for mortal kombat ... *looks at the old MK disk ... GET OVER HERE!*[/citation]

More like the Genesis cartridge.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
Time to prepare with MK Trilogy >=)

Hope they bring back the old movesets too so old schoolers can jump right in, that would be nice.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Well, I am a little biased.. I think it looks great.. looks like its gonna be a lot of fun. The only thing is, I was praying before I watched the video that it would be motion capture (digitized) characters. I am not fond of the 3D models of these people. I thought the most exciting part of MKI and MKII was the digitization of people. To me, it gave it a life like feel. The 3D modeling just doesn't give me that "fatality" feeling like MKII did.

Glorian

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2008
Epic win, saw the game play videos too, and it brings back the nostalgia. None of the newer MK games were that appealing to me, but this made me feel like a kid again.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Who thought of these fatalities...?
Lead: ok next. Kung Lao's fatality. Good ideas. Go.
Guy: Oh I dreamt this one out. Ok check this out. He throws his hat to the ground vertically aight, then it spins like a saw. Got the idea yet? Ok then he grabs the feet of the enemy and pulls it toward his or her very last nightmare. Then then... Whaaaa.. aaaa... AARGGHGGHhh with tons of blood filling the screen yeh? How bout it, hm?
Lead: Someone call the guards.
Guards: Come with us.
Guy: What the, what did I do, yo?
*Guy gets fired and put in mental institution*
Lead: Ok I like his idea. Make it happen.
Lead: Next. Kitana. Ok give me something cute and deadly this time.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
I STILL have my Ultimate MK3 "strategy/cheat/whatever" guide. I remember buying it around the time UMK3 for genesis was $50 ish. I got so pissed when trying to do animaliates and came to find out they don't work on the genesis version. It also lied, it said you couldn't play as Matoro or Kahn (however you spell their names), but there is a cheat to do that to.

Status
Not open for further replies.