Solved! Aspire 5610z takes 25 mins to boot, then it says boot error critical. Help!

rlcourdway

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
I am fixing an Acer aspire 5610z fro a friend. The thing takes 20 to 25 minutes to boot up. When it finally gets going it runs fine but a boot error critical message pops up. How do I fix this? I have tried disk cleanup, defraging, restoring, and updating but nothing is working. HELP!

Solution
when you power up the laptop there should be a option to go to setup probably f2 or some other key click that and then go to boot options set your hardrive as the first booted device that will cut down your boot time and when you log on go to start menu click run and then type in msconfig go to startup and disable everything that is not important and that will make it start up faster

From the one and only liljonakon

lijonakon

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
when you power up the laptop there should be a option to go to setup probably f2 or some other key click that and then go to boot options set your hardrive as the first booted device that will cut down your boot time and when you log on go to start menu click run and then type in msconfig go to startup and disable everything that is not important and that will make it start up faster

From the one and only liljonakon

Solution