Any Help For A Laptop To Play Team Fortress 2?

youngy101

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
So, I'm getting a new laptop and wondering if any one has any suggestions. The primary usage will be for gaming (Low spec games though, like tf2 and css). My budget would be probably around £500-£700, but towards the lower end would be preferred.

Team Fortress 2 Specs -
Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better)
1GB RAM
DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card
Windows® 7 (32/64-bit)/Vista/XP

(CounterStrike : Source Is Same specs)

Thanks in Advance For Any Suggestions. :D :D

CrazyJoe321

Estimable
Jun 19, 2014
Team fortress 2 is not a very demanding game. Counter strike even less so. This all comes down to how bad you want to play... As long as you have a good processor (i'd recommend 2.5 - 3Ghz at the least) and a decent gpu (I've managed a steady 60fps on a crappy mobile intel series 4, so anything current should do) you should be able to play with a good fps with a few minor tweaks. If you want to play with high settings, you might want to spend a little more money, but I got a laptop for about 180$ and it works fine for TF2 if you lower the resolution and afew settings. I'll say this on the judgement my laptop is really crappy, any computer should be able to run tf2 with ~60fps with -dxlevel 80 or 81, +mat_phong 0, and a resolution of around 640p - 1024p (depending on your judgement). I don't know what kinda PC you're buying, but I hope this helps you in case you decide on a PC, and it doesn't preform as well as you expected it to :) (Happened to me. I had to learn all this the hard way in order to play a decent match of badwater XD )