Toshiba satellite pro L450D-12x in need of charging?

omot

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2011
Hello,
My son yanked my charger out of my laptop causing the charging hole to crack and crumble. now the charger does not fit it and will not charge my laptop. i tried buying a dynadocks but i find that they can not charge laptops and this models does not have a docking port. how can i charge my laptop? any help will be appreciated. i cannot afford to loose all my work.

finn281175

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Unfortunately there is no good answer to this question. The laptop will need to be stripped down and the dc socket/power pcb will need to be repaired or replaced. If the damage is unrepairable and/or the power pcb isnt seperate from the logicboard then you may have to pay for a new logicboard. The costs could potentially end up costing you more than the price of a new laptop. If you need to save the data on your laptop you can remove the hard drive and buy an adaptor to enable you to fit it internally in a pc or buy a usb external case. Both options will enable you to see the hdd as a secondary device on your system and from there you will be able to move important data onto the primary drive or backup to dvd-r's, usb flash drives etc.