Solved! Acer 5738 audio problem

bluesky9f

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
Hello,
I have problem with the audio of my Acer Aspire 5738 model which consists in getting a trembling, distorted sound.
I have replaced the audio driver with the latest version but the problem still persists. So please let me know what could be the problem and the solution, Thanks for your help.
Domenico Loseto

Solution

PROBLEM SOLVED (as of November 1st, 2011)
The only way I could solve the problem was restoring the system at its initial status, from the backups I
created using the ACER utilities provided on the Laptop. No other solution was "a solution", like turning off
Windows updates and so on. It was definitively a corrupted software problem, and I am glad it was not hardware´s;
really it took me a lot of tries...

zalittle

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Acer laptops are notorious for their crappy speakers. I have a 5 year old Sony Vio that has better sound than the recent dismal failure of my wifes Acer 7740. Get a better laptop.

bluesky9f

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011

------------------
Thanks for your reply. I do no think the problem is the speaker since I get the same symptoms when connecting earphones.
Regards

bluesky9f

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011

PROBLEM SOLVED (as of November 1st, 2011)
The only way I could solve the problem was restoring the system at its initial status, from the backups I
created using the ACER utilities provided on the Laptop. No other solution was "a solution", like turning off
Windows updates and so on. It was definitively a corrupted software problem, and I am glad it was not hardware´s;
really it took me a lot of tries and time to get to the final decision.
So, I hope the rest of you having the same problem have the same fortunate solution as well.

Solution