Acer Aspire One Netbook not switching on plz help

Stemondo

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Hi
I have read alot of threads already on this problem but i'm still stuck.

I have an AOA150 acer aspire one running on XP and its out of warranty.

When plugged in an orange light shows but won't switch on, i have brought a new lead but no difference, i don't think its the battery as it still won't power on with the battery out. Occasionally when i mess around with the battery the screen may flick on for a second or when i hold the power button for a couple of minutes to drain all the power the screen flicks up again with the acer screen for about a second. Sometimes when i leave the lead plugged in for a couple of hours the light turns green but still doesn't do anything. I can't here any fans or anything running at all and when its plugged in and without battery in it makes a clicking.

I've also tried that bios update instructions with a usb stick by putting the flashit file and renaming that fb file but doesn't seem to do anything. I have only copied those 2 files to the usb and not copied any of the other files though. Am i doing that right?

And finally i have spoke to acer but they want me to send it in for £36+ posatge to have a look and then price up repairing it.

Anyone help as i don't want acer to charge me for sending it in if its going to be too expensive to reapair.

Thanks

Stephen

toughshift

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015

Have exactly the same problem, except I have a D250 Acer Aspire 1 10.1 " screen. I bought a new battery, no help. Have you had any luck lately? My yellow light comes on, but power switch does nothing. It wont turn on.

toughshift

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015
I have an Aspire 1 10.1 " screen. The yellow light is on, but it wont power up with the power switch. I just installed a new battery. That didn't help. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.