Solved! Hannspree laptop screen removal

SGFG

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Hello,
I have a 12in hannspree laptop that i broke the screen on. I can't find a was to remove the old screen, it has no screws on it. Can someone help me with this one?

Solution
with a lot of laptop displays you have 4 or more screws hidden behind rubber bungs on the bezel. but some are simply clipped on. once the screws (if any) are removed you have to remove the bezel by unclipping the plastic tabs that connect the lcd bezel to the back cover. you can usually manage this by running a credit card or something similar around the outer edge at the point where the two cases join whilst at the same time gently pulling the bezel away with the tips of your fingers. you have to be gentle but firm when doing this as you dont want to break the lcd bezel. once it is free flip it down to rest flat on the keyboard are so you can check to make sure no mylar cables are connected to the bezel. if they are then remove the...

finn281175

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
with a lot of laptop displays you have 4 or more screws hidden behind rubber bungs on the bezel. but some are simply clipped on. once the screws (if any) are removed you have to remove the bezel by unclipping the plastic tabs that connect the lcd bezel to the back cover. you can usually manage this by running a credit card or something similar around the outer edge at the point where the two cases join whilst at the same time gently pulling the bezel away with the tips of your fingers. you have to be gentle but firm when doing this as you dont want to break the lcd bezel. once it is free flip it down to rest flat on the keyboard are so you can check to make sure no mylar cables are connected to the bezel. if they are then remove the cables. once this is done you have to look to see how the lcd is attached to the back cover. in most cases 2 metal hinge/bracket assys run up either side of the lcd and are both screwed into the back cover and into the sides of the lcd. remove the screws attaching the lcd to the back cover. at this point you should be able to free the lcd from the back cover so that you can get to the screws on the side edges of the lcd. remove these. you will have 2 connectors attaching the lcd to the laptop. one is an inverter cable connecting from the left or right bootom corner of the lcd and the other will be a mylar cable connected at the rear of the lcd. once these are carefully unplugged you should be able to remove the lcd from the back cover. then simply reverse procedure to fit new lcd. bear in mind all laptops are different so there is no guarantee that your lcd is fitted in the same way i have described. but this seems to be the most common way they are fitted.

Solution