Solved! Games freezing on Acer Aspire 5517

trinithing

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Is there a new version of this games system cause i can't load the main screen or play the games. And if i get to play a games and leave can't play the games again. I have to uninstall and then reinstall to play.

Solution
Hello and welcome to the forums

You provided very little information... The help you get depends only on the quality of information YOU provide.

I'm not sure what you mean by "new version of this game system" If you mean is there newer laptops available, yes there are, yours is about 4-5 years old which is typically pretty old for laptops, especially if you're using it for gaming.

Regarding not being able to run games, well, YOU need to tell us which games you're trying to run and with what settings. I'll tell you right now your laptop won't be able to run black ops or crysis.

Regarding the playing games first time and then not being able to play them again. Not sure, could be a number of issues. The first one being virus/malware...

AntiZig

Distinguished
Hello and welcome to the forums

You provided very little information... The help you get depends only on the quality of information YOU provide.

I'm not sure what you mean by "new version of this game system" If you mean is there newer laptops available, yes there are, yours is about 4-5 years old which is typically pretty old for laptops, especially if you're using it for gaming.

Regarding not being able to run games, well, YOU need to tell us which games you're trying to run and with what settings. I'll tell you right now your laptop won't be able to run black ops or crysis.

Regarding the playing games first time and then not being able to play them again. Not sure, could be a number of issues. The first one being virus/malware, so getting an antivirus and malware scanners would be a good step in the right direction.

Here's a few free ones to consider if you don't have any already installed:
Free anti-virus:
-avast
-AVG
-Microsoft Security Essentials

Free anti-spyware/anti-malware:
-malware bytes
-spybot search & destroy

Solution