Opinion needed: HP DV7-6107

walidch

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
Hello all,

I am considering buying the HP DV7-6107 and would like to know your opinion about it first.

Here are the details in case you are not familiar with it already:

CPU: Intel Quad Core i7-2630QM
RAM: 8GB Ram
Disk: 2X 750GB HDD @5200RPM
Optical Drive: DVDRW Bluray
Display: 17.3" LED
VGA: HD6770M 2GB VGA

Here's the extended list of features:
HP Pavilion dv7-6107ee Entertainment Notebook PC (LS048EA) specifications - HP Home and Home Office products

I will not be playing games 24/7, but in case there's a new game out, I'd like to be able to try it and enjoy it without a problem.

DVD video and music playback is a huge matter to me.

Thanks everyone,

AntiZig

Distinguished
Hi,
hmm that laptop looks great, if this is not a gaming machine then i'd say it's the next runner up. It should definitely handle games with little problems, if any, with hardware like that.

The only thing I'd mention is 5200 RPM is kinda slow in this day and age, unless it's running raid 0.

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
What is your budget? I think you might benifit from getting something else... Too many issues these days with HP laptops, a lot of the threads are about people trying to resolve their issues with their HPs or Toshiba laptops...

walidch

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
The problem is that I am located in Lebanon (Beirut) and my options are not many.
This laptop is for around 1400USD.

I'm all for Sony or Asus laptops (since I cannot afford Apple).

If you've got a minute to check out the possible options, please visit these links:
http://pcandparts.com/notebook.htm
www.microtechstore.com/notebooks/

My budget is around 1500 USD.

Thanks a million :)

walidch

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
Great laptop indeed but we don't have any Asus dealer here, it's gonna be hard to find this but I'll give it a shot