Asus G53JW

davisvolksons

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Hi, I have a little problem. I've found a killer laptop called Asus G53JW.
There's just one minor problem. I haven't yet found a site that would send to my country (Latvia).
Basically, it's on Amazon.co.uk for 999 pounds, but it won't let check out, something about not being able to send it.
Found a french site Fnac.com, that has them for 1000 Euros, which is gosh darn cheap for a system like this, but since it doesn't offer any translate functions (atleast as far as I could tell), I suppose it doesn't deliver outside France.
Saw a Norwegian site that offers it, though it asks for a massive amount of €1730, which is raised a bit too much.

I don't even need it to be brand new, it can be, like they say at amazon, "Used - Like New ". So, anyone know of any sites that deliver throughout Europe while not raising the price to astronomical levels? Or am i just wishing for the impossible and no such sites exist?
Any help would be appreciated.
If i'm posting in the wrong place, tell me please.

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
This is better then the JW, and GenTechPC ships to Latvia:

http://www.gentechpc.com/showpages.asp?pid=1064

It also pretty cheap. 1200 USD. That's about 750 GBP. I'd get it now... xD

If you wait a while. Then you can get the SX, it is suppose to come out later this month, and it's going to have a better GPU for gaming.
But the 460m is still pretty decent though.

davisvolksons

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
That is cheap alright, though they ask for Wire Transfer outside UK, Canada, US, and i've no idea how to conduct one. Will have to check that out...

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Well... this isn't a G53... But this is actually better, I prefer Asus, But MSI also has a great reputation with gaming hardware.

It is more expensive, it is 1500 USD, which is 930 GPB.

http://www.frys.com/product/6676204?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Fry's is an american retailer but they ship internationally also.
To make your order on this laptop. You'll se towards the top of the page (of the link I gave) it shows you the price, click on the: add to cart button.
Then check your cart (make sure it only lists 1 in quantity. And then click on CheckOut.
I'm assuming that you don't have a Fry's account, if you do, log in :) If you don't, you can create one, or just log in as guest.
Assuming you did the guest checkout. You will need to provide credit card details on the left, and your address, name etc.. details on the right.
After you fill out those details, you can click on continue to review your order, and then on the next page a print summary (Print out those details, they're good to have for reference).

davisvolksons

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Yeah, the thing with american retailers is that for them to ship it to Europe, they charge at the very least 200$ plus i have to pay customs, which makes the sum even bigger.

davisvolksons

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Just for reference, the taxes while importing from us are this bad - found a laptop for 1460 together with sending costs. That 1460 turns into 1860 due to the bloody taxes.