Best Laptop under $550

FSXNoob

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
1. What is your budget?
$550
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6 or 17.3
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Doesn’t Matter
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Doesn’t Matter
5. How much battery life do you need?
Doesn’t Matter
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Flight Simulator X(High)
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Watching Videos on Youtube
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
320GB+
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
BestBuy
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-4 Years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
It has to be a good quality build.
13. What country do you live in?
US
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I want to run additional add-ons to the game.

Pyree

Distinguished
Solution

FSXNoob

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
No, I don't think I am going to buy a refurb. I have to be able to see it in person. If there is a refurb in which I could do the site to store option it might be alright.

Pyree

Distinguished
You can probably run medium, no AI traffic. The frame rate in FSX will varies a lot because. On my i5-430m with amd 5730 it runs smooth in high sky and airport but drop to high teen's and low 20-ish in cities.

Pyree

Distinguished
Wait, sorry. I crank the physics level to realistic so that is why my laptop struggle. If you are on arcade mode, yes I think you can run medium-high or even high. I am playing it on high realistic physics for so long that I forgot about it. Must remember that when other people wants laptop for fsx next time.

Pyree

Distinguished
Well i call it arcade mode, but it just means the physics is least realistic and the aircraft require little effort to control. It is under the realism setting. I set it to most realistic setting, even exceeding the hard profile by enabling gyro drift and no auto rudder. Flying the f/a-18 hornet acrobatic is fun and I like to challenge my low flying skill by flying upside down and pass through under bridges.