A laptop preferably with an Llano apu, suggestions?

a101817

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
1. What is your budget?

at the most 699~

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

14 inches

3. What screen resolution do you want?

No preference

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Portable preferably, as ill be in college

5. How much battery life do you need?
4-5 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

yes some basic gaming, (i have a nice desktop i built to play games like crysis on max settings etc. :D )

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Photoshop

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

No Preference
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

www.newegg.com
www.amazon.com

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

several years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

dvd is fine

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

no overpriced brands such as HP, as i spent most of my budget on a custom desktop
No DELL laptops

13. What country do you live in?
United States

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I would prefer to have a laptop with an a8-3500/3510mx apu as although it is slightly weaker than the i3 2310m, the graphics capablilties are much higher as the hd 6620g is the only igpu worth giving a damn. according to an anandtech bench it can achieve palyable framerates on BFBC2 med settings :eek: .
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4444/amd-llano-notebook-review-a-series-fusion-apu-a8-3500m/11
I doubt ill notice the 10%~ cpu loss but will definitely notice the graphical improvement. Plus the assymentrical crossfire is a nice addition provided that there is a dedicated gpu in the laptop. There dont seem to be many models out with the amd a series apus, on newegg, i only saw 9 laptops, none with the a8 apu. :/