Solved! How good of a gaming laptop are these 2 configs, and the price?

dreamagain

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
Just wondering how good of a gaming laptop these 2 options will provide me.. and if they are a good price. Thanks! These are HP laptops by the way.

Option 1 : $888.90
2nd generation Intel Dual Core i5-2410M (2.3 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz
2GB Radeon HD 6770M GDDR5
6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
15.6" diagonal Full HD HP Anti-glare LED Display (1920 x 1080)
Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner

Option 2: $874.90
2nd generation Intel Quad Core i7-2630QM (2.0 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) w/Turbo Boost up to 2.9 GHz
2GB GDDR5 Radeon HD 6770M Graphics
Upgrade to 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
15.6" diagonal High Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366x768)
Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner

Any suggestions? Are the prices good? Thanks!

Solution
I'd go with the 1st Option. They're both decent, but your going to like the quality gaming you'll get with a Full HD screen, your frames per second might be slightly lower, but it is probably better.

May I know what are the exact models? I want to check to see if there are any known native issues to those laptops, I'm suspecting that there will be a heat issue, mainly because of HP's flawed dvX series cooling designs.

Try searching online for issues other people are having, see if there are any problems that might effect you, don't buy one if there are, you'd be better off getting something else.

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
I'd go with the 1st Option. They're both decent, but your going to like the quality gaming you'll get with a Full HD screen, your frames per second might be slightly lower, but it is probably better.

May I know what are the exact models? I want to check to see if there are any known native issues to those laptops, I'm suspecting that there will be a heat issue, mainly because of HP's flawed dvX series cooling designs.

Try searching online for issues other people are having, see if there are any problems that might effect you, don't buy one if there are, you'd be better off getting something else.

Solution