Acer Aspire One ,wont go any further than Setup is starting services... any help

Status
Not open for further replies.

joanafarias

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
Hello,
my Acer Aspire one, wont start it turns ON but it stays at were it says Setup is starting services , can someone plz tell me how to fix this ...

Solution
1) On the same error screen press SHIFT+F10 and it will open up a black Window. (a command prompt window) 2) In the black windows type the word "regedit"(without the inverted commas and hit enter. That will open the registry editor. In the Registry Editor.. Browse to.... HKLocal machine/SYSTEM/SETUP/STATUS/ChildCompletion, and after highliting childcompletion,on the right hand side check for setup.exe. if the value is 1 change it to 3.(by double clicking on setup.exe and changing the value shown in the box). Then close the registry editor and then also close the black window. Then click on OK for the error and the computer will restart and the installation may complete. just try it and let me know if it worked.

Viancav

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011

Were you able to find a solution? I am going through a similar problem

joeedger

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012

If you ever got it fixed, could you please e-mail me at edgerjoe@yahoo.com so I can fix mine. Same problem.

ghosttgiirl1994

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
1) On the same error screen press SHIFT+F10 and it will open up a black Window. (a command prompt window) 2) In the black windows type the word "regedit"(without the inverted commas and hit enter. That will open the registry editor. In the Registry Editor.. Browse to.... HKLocal machine/SYSTEM/SETUP/STATUS/ChildCompletion, and after highliting childcompletion,on the right hand side check for setup.exe. if the value is 1 change it to 3.(by double clicking on setup.exe and changing the value shown in the box). Then close the registry editor and then also close the black window. Then click on OK for the error and the computer will restart and the installation may complete. just try it and let me know if it worked.

Solution

tapross

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

Thank you sooooo much i did what you said and have saved my daughters laptop she is so happy, really cannot thank you enough. I had spent hours looking through the internet and trying loads of thing that did not work and you are a genius. THANK YOU XXX

southernbrebre

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

I can get to highlighting childcompletion but my mouse isnt working so i cant double click on setup.exe, please tell me how to change it without my mouse working!

Status
Not open for further replies.