Qosmio X775-Q7270 question

rugman1969

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
I just got this in, and I'm looking through it, and realize it has the nvidia graphics, but also has Intel HD graphics. Nowhere in the description do I see Intel HD graphics listed. Should I send this puppy back? Is this going to hurt or affect performance? Besides the fact it did not state it has integrated graphics also, Many of the programs are set up to run on the Intel HD graphics. Should I change them all to run on the nvidia graphics?

pdet.to

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/pdet.to?poid=2000002986

Solution
For what reason would you send it back?

Nowhere in the description do I see Intel HD graphics listed. Actually, the description of the Core i5-2410M CPU also includes the Intel HD 3000 graphics that's built in on the CPU.
Intel Core i5-2410M CPU review

Is this going to...

RetiredChief

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2007
Have a simular LT (Samsung RF711-S01).
Have not use yet (Swapped out the HHD for an SSD) and installed operating system.
My understanding is that the swap between IGP and Dedicated GPU is auto Based on the Grpahics requirements (ie 2D vs 3D).

For what reason would you send it back?

Nowhere in the description do I see Intel HD graphics listed. Actually, the description of the Core i5-2410M CPU also includes the Intel HD 3000 graphics that's built in on the CPU.
Intel Core i5-2410M CPU review

Is this going to hurt or affect performance? Performance... of what? Browsing the internet? Of course not.
NVIDIA Optimus technology

Solution