Solved! Gateway p7805u stuck on boot screen :(

mahdy1991

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
Hello,
Okay so when I turn my laptop on it stucks on the boot screen. I tried present F8, F2, F10 nothing works nothing happens. Then I removed my laptops hdd and bam it starts to boot up from my optical drive F2, F10 works without mu hdd. Moreover I tried changing the bootup sequence so that optical drive bootup first and then my hdd. I inserted my hdd and goes back to the problem in the beginning STUCK ON BOOTUP SCREEN!!! plz help....thank you!

Solution
Have you ever heard any sounds coming from the hdd before? Something like a clicking sound?

I'm assuming you have access to another computer... Try connecting your hard drive to that computer. If it works, well, then there is more to investigate. If it doesn't work, your hard drive probably died. Time to get a replacement drive.

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Have you ever heard any sounds coming from the hdd before? Something like a clicking sound?

I'm assuming you have access to another computer... Try connecting your hard drive to that computer. If it works, well, then there is more to investigate. If it doesn't work, your hard drive probably died. Time to get a replacement drive.

Solution