Can't decide on Tablet

l3xus

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
I was going to pick up the Viewsonic G-Tablet, but now Archos just unveiled their new Honeycomb Tablets that are due to come out in September.
Is it worth waiting till then or not?

Solution
Electronics are fickle, they drop as new products come out and or sit on the shelf. If you like me I only wait for a proce cut if a new item has launched or a hyped up item is coming out. Those are the best times to watch for a deal to clear out old stock in my opinion, but it depends on how fast you want it and how long your willing to wait and see.

RogueWatchmen

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
I'm in the same boat, I've been looking at a Galaxy possably, or maybe a Asus w/ Windows. Can't even decide if I want 16 GB or 32 GB. I was looking at the Transformer but it's had some bad feedback on the quality of the build. I'm pretty anti anything Apple though. I'll be checking out that link though for sure.

One thing I've noticed for the cheaper android OS tablets is they run the old 2.1 or higher software which was wrote for cell phones and not 100% suited to tablets. How big of an issue this could be fore you and what you want to do on it I don't know, but I look at it as a issue of expandability in the future as people turn out more software that will not work on an OS below 3.0. Just food for thought.

l3xus

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010

The thing is, how long? I've seen it as low as $259

RogueWatchmen

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
Electronics are fickle, they drop as new products come out and or sit on the shelf. If you like me I only wait for a proce cut if a new item has launched or a hyped up item is coming out. Those are the best times to watch for a deal to clear out old stock in my opinion, but it depends on how fast you want it and how long your willing to wait and see.

Solution

l3xus

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010

That is very true. Also the gTablet has a lot of potential so its still a great tablet. It's the end of June and 4th of July is coming up, there should be some good sales.