Booting problem with HP Laptop

thaghost101

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I'm having a problem with a HP Pavilion DV6000, It just does NOT want to stay on. After looking around on Google it appears to be a common problem with not much information on how to fix it.

Basically every time we try powering it up it will only start for 1-2 seconds and power off immediately, The fans spin, All lights come on and the Hard drive sounds like its working properly, It has me completely baffled because it was working fine earlier in the day. I've tried a few fixes but nothing has helped at all, So im wondering if this is possibly damage from an overheat? It has done this once before but it eventually started working after about 10 minutes of repeatedly pressing the power button.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Solution

AtaliaA1

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009

That happened to ours a while back. It turned out to be the battery not having enough juice replaced it and it started working fine again. I had another one yrs. ago that was overheating becuase the fan was clogged with dust.

Solution

thaghost101

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010

Hey ATALIAA1
Unfortunately, The battery pack on the laptop is fried, We've just been plugging it in and using it without the battery.
It had us completely stumped so we sent it into Futureshop for a better look and hoping they won't charge an arm and a leg (Which they most likely will) but thanks for taking the time to reply.

Bythe sea

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
My HP DV6000 has the same problem of not powering up when I press the power button. It has not pulled the "turn on for 1 sec" trick yet but I definitely has the " press power on button up to 20 times before it powers on" problem. This happens with or without the power supply being plugged in.
What sometimes seem to help is I take out the battery and disconnect the power, then it starts up.
Does anyone have a more permanent answer to the problem?

TRENDING THREADS