Solved! I can project powerpoint but nothing esle from my laptop

revdale

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
my acer apspire 9402 projects powerpoint with no problems, but when I try to project other programs -- no go. I have used other computers with the projector with no problems. Is this a driver probelm?

Solution
what do you mean by other programs? does your desktop get projected fine? if yes, then try running your programs in windowed mode.

you mean something like you cant play movies in full screen over the projector? it's possible your hardware cannot process and output the video for your laptop and external connection at the same time. powerpoint is slow enough + low graphics, while a movie is at least 20 fps graphics, not even taking resolution into account.

AntiZig

Distinguished
what do you mean by other programs? does your desktop get projected fine? if yes, then try running your programs in windowed mode.

you mean something like you cant play movies in full screen over the projector? it's possible your hardware cannot process and output the video for your laptop and external connection at the same time. powerpoint is slow enough + low graphics, while a movie is at least 20 fps graphics, not even taking resolution into account.

Solution