Solved! Laptop Battery Questions Please Answer! : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

a-p-p-l-e-s

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
Hi i recently bought a G53J-A1 gaming laptop from asus. I noticed the battery life isnt over 2 hours and drains quite rapidly, I was wondering what i am able to buy to make the battery life longer? the laptop battery is 8 cell and this is my first laptop i bought. Can you guys give me links to good quality but not to expansive attachments or replacement battery to make the life longer? thanks!

a-p-p-l-e-s

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011

thanks for the quick response. I am in canada and dont want to pay a lot of money to get it shipped from europe tho. Prefer to buy from canada/us and another question is that is it possible to use a 6cell battery instead of a 8cell? because i heard 6cell lasts longer

RetiredChief

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2007
If your battery is relatively new do not expect a new battery of the same a/hr rating to last any longer. What it will do is alow you to swap batteries when AC power is not available.

It looks like the 8-cell 5.4 A/Hr battery is the larges capacity battery you can get.

DO NOT expect to get the "Advertized" run time. - Rating are for very low power conditions and normal usage decreases this time considerably. Gaming and watching a DVD can cut the "Advertized" time amost in Half.

Status
Not open for further replies.