Solved! Asus K52F display

thomas88162

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
Hello,

I have an Asus K52F laptop, I bought it about 4 months ago. I so far only have one problem with it. My problem is that whenever my monitor turns off to its set time, It will occasionally have artifacts on the screen whenever I turn the screen back on. It also sometimes does this when it resumes from sleep mode. I have noticed that when it resumes, there are no artifacts on the windows main screen but when i select my user name and resume, it has artifacts then on the background. If they are there, i can get them to go away by holding in on the left mouse button and drag it across the desktop(what you use to select multiple items on desktop). This issue really confuses me because they don't appear on the main screen, only the background. If anyone could help me on the problem it would be much appreciated.

Specs:
Intel Pentium dual core P6200 @ 2.13ghz.
3GB DDR3 1066mhz RAM.
Intel HD graphics integrated on CPU.
Windows 7 Home premium.

Solution

Hi, stubbornswiss

I reinstalled the driver that came with the laptop with no luck. But what worked for me is I went here: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics and downloaded the driver off of intel's website.

Hope this helps!

stubbornswiss

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

I too bought a K52F about 3 months ago, from BestBuy. From the very start I have been experiencing the exact same thing you describe. In my case, I use "refresh" (right mouse click, then refresh) to clear the screen. Unfortunately I traveled out of the country right after I bought it, and so it is past the 14 days return period. I too would like a solution to this problem. Or can I still take it back for an exchange?

Thanks.

thomas88162

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011

Hi, stubbornswiss

I reinstalled the driver that came with the laptop with no luck. But what worked for me is I went here: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics and downloaded the driver off of intel's website.

Hope this helps!

Solution