Solved! Delayed typing vista

sbarkan

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Hello, I'm having a terrible typing delay when trying to email. It is not happening when I type in Word, though. This is a new thing...It was fine last time I was online.

Solution
Hello sbarkan;

A common cause is that the CPU is unusually busy causing the delay.
You can look at your Task Manager utility program.
Look at the Process list to see what program(s) are using the highest percentage of the CPU time.

You can click on the CPU column (or on any column) to sort the programs/processes running the highest percentage of CPU tasks. Click once, and click again to sort in order.
Task Manager

And look at the Performance tab to get an idea how busy the CPU is at any given moment.
Hello sbarkan;

A common cause is that the CPU is unusually busy causing the delay.
You can look at your Task Manager utility program.
Look at the Process list to see what program(s) are using the highest percentage of the CPU time.

You can click on the CPU column (or on any column) to sort the programs/processes running the highest percentage of CPU tasks. Click once, and click again to sort in order.
Task Manager

And look at the Performance tab to get an idea how busy the CPU is at any given moment.

Solution

sbarkan

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Hello, WR2.

Thank you for that suggestion, as it may help me with another problem I'm having.

I found that the typing lag problem was solved by managing add-ons: Under "Search Providers" although I always use Google, Bing and Yahoo Search were listed there, but disabled. When I actually deleted them, the typing lag problem was immediately solved.