Satellite A205 annoying, recurring start-up problem.

William977th

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
I have a Toshiba Satellite A205-S4617 laptop (http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/toshiba-satellite-a205-s4617/1707-3121_7-32422062.html) and I am having this VERY VERY VERY VERY uber super always-happening problem: Whenever I start up the laptop, it'll show the little Toshiba logo, go to the Windows Vista loading screen*, then black out*, show a mouse cursor*, then hopefully go to the Windows Login screen*. If I'm lucky enough to log in, it'll either err or just be normal. ALL THE * (asterisks) mean that the problem could occur at this step in the startup process. What's the problem? Well, the computer shows this VERY frightening screen
ComputerError.jpg
and makes some weird, freaky popping sounds. Today (June 8, 2011) I found out that when this error happens, the laptop's fan stops working. If I do not plug in my laptop to it's AC Adapter on startup and plug it in after logging in, then the problem is less likely to occur. For some reason, if I leave the laptop alone (off and peaceful) over night, then the next day--using the no AC Adapter method--the error will STILL OCCUR!!! ALWAYS THE FIRST STARTUP TRY THE ERROR WILL OCCUR :( I am using the original AC Adapter [Toshiba PA 1650-01 (Input 100-240V 1.6A/50-60Hz) (Output 19V 3.42A 65W)] and the 4000mAh LithIon battery. So... does anyone know a solution? THANKS IN ADVANCE! :)

G

Hey man I have the same laptop model and I am having the same problems! Have you found a solution yet? or the cause of the problem? jimlowe79 at yahoo thanks!

G

Hey man I have the same laptop model and I am having the same problems! Have you found a solution yet? or the cause of the problem? jimlowe79 at yahoo thanks