Sager 2180, Yellow line down screen?

MarinePup

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
Hello,

I think I put this in the right area, I apologize if I did not. I have a question about the screen on my Sager 2180. I'm using Windows 7, if that helps. There is a yellow line running all the way down the screen about 2 inches away from the windows button on the left side. I have had the computer for about 8 months without a single problem. I keep it clean, I use it for school, gaming, movies, and web surfing. It is on quite a bit, I'd say 10 hours a day, 4 days out of the week. Nothing is wrong with the way it is running, but the line is kind of annoying. Is this line a dead pixel, can it be fixed, and is it something I should be worried about? Oh and I started it up in safe mode and the line was still there, it seems to stay up even when I'm running a browser or a game. Thanks for the help.

Hello MarinePup;

Any chance you can hook up an external monitor and see if the line shows up there as well? (I actually don't expect it to to show)

Press down on the top/bottom edges of the line into the laptop screen. Did you notice any changes?