My toshiba satellite m45-s2692 wont boot into usb

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr4sh_3dit

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
hello i have a problem, my toshiba satellite m45-s2692 wont boot from the flash drive i made and i know it works because i have done it plenty of times and it also works on all other laptops.i have the bios set to boot from it but it still wont. i have it set to fdd-->cd-rom-->pxe-->hdd can anyone help me please and thank you in advance!! ;)

Solution
is the USB drive listed in the BIOS?

is the USB listed under HDD?

what is the boot order of the HDDs?

does the USB show in the Boot Menu (usually F12 during boot up)?

Emerald

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2005
is the USB drive listed in the BIOS?

is the USB listed under HDD?

what is the boot order of the HDDs?

does the USB show in the Boot Menu (usually F12 during boot up)?

Solution

cr4sh_3dit

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
on boot it says Toshiba and on the bottom it has a hdd icon,a cd icon,a floppy icon,and a computer netboot icon. f12 stops it at that screen,but at bios all it says on boot order is fdd-cd_rom-pxe-hdd and that is also the order i have it in.another thing i wanted to ask is i think the way the usb is setup (i installed slackware on it) might have made it usb hdd and only fdd is in the bios ,so maby my bios needs to be flashed to a newer firmware? and i really do appreciate all the help thank you!!

chewwong

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010

I have the same notebook and I made it to boot from USB flash drive by using a third party program calls plpbt. It creates a floppy booting disk and once the program boots, I can select boot USB. I installed Linux onto this machine and it is much faster than Windows.

Reactions: coolpontiac
Status
Not open for further replies.