I booted a system image from a hp to a toshiba and it says missing operating sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemini_11

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
i booted a system image from a hp to a toshiba laptop n it fixed my bootmgr missing problem now it says missing operating system and im using a flash drive

Solution
At this stage of the game, I only see 3 options.
(1) Obtain (can barrow) a win 7 installation DVD. Use only to see if it can repair you Operating system. It might be able to repair and re-install all the incorrect drivers. On a 25/75 % chance, but worth a try.
(2) Contact Tosihibia for a Recovery DVD. Cheaper, easier, but slower than option 3
(3) Buy a copy of Win 7 and reinstall. Will need to download and install any drivers that you may need.

RetiredChief

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2007
At this stage of the game, I only see 3 options.
(1) Obtain (can barrow) a win 7 installation DVD. Use only to see if it can repair you Operating system. It might be able to repair and re-install all the incorrect drivers. On a 25/75 % chance, but worth a try.
(2) Contact Tosihibia for a Recovery DVD. Cheaper, easier, but slower than option 3
(3) Buy a copy of Win 7 and reinstall. Will need to download and install any drivers that you may need.

Solution
May 12, 2015

BY THE WAY LET'S MAKE THIS EASY , I am a self taught repairman and I knoiw that a lot of you computer nerds are going to hate me but the answer is easier and Quicker than installing ccleaner oh your gonna love this go to your bios and you can find this on your own from going tab to tab but if you read down on one of them you will find something called SECURED BOOT this prevents any other OS besides 8 and up from being installed so turn it off, then on another tab if you read down you will see somethng that says BOOT MODE and across from it , it will have UEFI go down to that and look to the right where it says UEFI and change that to cms or cma or what ever those three letters are... but it starts with a CM anyway windows 8 will magicaly appear when you restart your machine and or you may install another OS oh and by the way HIRENS DON'T WORK , i m SORRY but this does so do it fix it and remember you don't have to be a nerd to be right! sorry ab out my spelling, boot mode is made to replace the bios so it can handle bigger hard drives like 2.19 ZETAbytes and upto 9.18 Zeta's your Tbyte hard drive is big to you but small to this program I guess you should get use to it now because it looks like that is the new and improved yea right BIOS, C-yall later, peace.

USAFRet

Illustrious

You do realize you are responding to a 4 year old thread that has nothing to do with Windows 8, right?

May 12, 2015

maybe but i did this tonight, you know , going through the motions

Status
Not open for further replies.