Solved! HP DV9000 fades into black

perpetual_dream

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
Hello,

I have recently run into a problem with my HP DV9000 laptop. My computer starts with a black screen with some white bubbles and then fades into black with white horizontal lines

2n8ohns.jpg

When I connect my laptop to an external LCD, I experience the same problem expect that I am able to see Windows booting with pink and blue vertical lines before it fades into black.

I know that this model has problems with its graphic card on its motherboard (my motherboard is the Intel one) so I have ordered a new motherboard and replaced mine. The problem is : the same problems persists :(

What else could have caused this sort of problem (Slightly different outputs between the laptop LCD screen and the external LCD screen!) ?

Solution
It looks like a very strange issue... My first suggestion would have been that it was a screen related issue, but since you already tried an external monitor, it would have pointed me to the graphics card... Replacing the motherboard knocked out a huge amount of possible issues, but if that MB was defective... well, hp really needs to fix up this quality issue.

So, I probably won't be able to help much, but can you specify EVERY SINGLE detail from the moment you press to power button to the moment where you to turn it off with a hard power shutdown.

Ulviking98

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

Hey same thing has happened to my laptop,hp dv9000!! Did you have any luck fixing it?

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
It looks like a very strange issue... My first suggestion would have been that it was a screen related issue, but since you already tried an external monitor, it would have pointed me to the graphics card... Replacing the motherboard knocked out a huge amount of possible issues, but if that MB was defective... well, hp really needs to fix up this quality issue.

So, I probably won't be able to help much, but can you specify EVERY SINGLE detail from the moment you press to power button to the moment where you to turn it off with a hard power shutdown.

Solution
G

I have had the same problem with Compaq Presario CQ71.

First I had the colored pink and blue stripes appear. Then the screen would turn black (with white spots - looks like clouds) and then slowly turn black.

First it happened only once I windows had started up. Then it started happening even before startup! I couldn't use my laptop at all!... I tried restarting multiple times, it didn't help. I let it rest one day having given up all hope.

And then.... It suddenly worked again! I don't get it....!

Did you find a solution?