How do I turn on my IBM thinkpad iseries 1300

wt_poohbear

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
someone gave me a IBM thinkpad iseries 1300. I know nothing about them. Power cord is new so I am told but I don't even know where the power switch is and no instructions came with it can anyone help me?

Solution
Ok well First off this laptop is about 11 years old as most laptops have a 3 year buisness life and 5 year home life i would not turn it on anyway buuuut.. If your just surfing the web i guess it should do that...

Specs.

Processor Intel Pentium III 650.0 MHz .Data Bus Speed 100.0 MHz .Chipset Type Intel 440MX .Cache Memory.Type L2 cache - Advanced Transfer Cache .Installed Size 256.0 KB .RAM.Installed Size 64.0 MB / 192.0 MB (max) .Technology SDRAM - Non-ECC - 100.0 MHz .Form Factor SO DIMM 144-pin .Configuration Features Provided memory is soldered .

But to answer you The round button center top is power button.

Thently

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
If you cannot figure out the little button with a circle and a line is power, how do you think you are running windows? If you cant do that, then plug it in and push each button one at a time - observe which one makes it do something and write it down...

I mean I think everyone should have a computer but there are limits....

and this sounds sketchy to me - are you sure its not lifted from somewhere? No manual, the "friend" cant be bothered to help you with the power button? I only hope they had a boot password ...

thently

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Ok well First off this laptop is about 11 years old as most laptops have a 3 year buisness life and 5 year home life i would not turn it on anyway buuuut.. If your just surfing the web i guess it should do that...

Specs.

Processor Intel Pentium III 650.0 MHz .Data Bus Speed 100.0 MHz .Chipset Type Intel 440MX .Cache Memory.Type L2 cache - Advanced Transfer Cache .Installed Size 256.0 KB .RAM.Installed Size 64.0 MB / 192.0 MB (max) .Technology SDRAM - Non-ECC - 100.0 MHz .Form Factor SO DIMM 144-pin .Configuration Features Provided memory is soldered .

But to answer you The round button center top is power button.

Thently

Solution

thently

Distinguished
May 10, 2007

LOL I hope no one would steal this hunk o junk I wouldnt use it if someone gave it to me lol..

Thenty

wt_poohbear

Distinguished
May 23, 2011

Well it would be that easy if the print wasn't rubbed off of some of the keys. And next time if I ask a question, you can keep your rude insulting comments to yourself.

No the friend can't be reached because they are out of the state dealing with an un expected family deaths, they lost 3 family members in a car accident. Would you want to bother them at this time?
And I also know for a fact it was not lifted!

I mean I think trying to make someone feel stupid and being rude should also have limits.