Solved! Purchase decision

kr00lplatinum

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
Hello,

I would like your advice. I purchased a Dell Mini 10v when they first came out. It was awesome to have a netbook with 8 hour battery life. However, the CPU and integrated graphics made the experience less than desirable. So, I sold it recently.

I heard about the AMD APU chips and looked into it. I decided to purchase a Lenovo IdeaPad S205 It's on the far left. It was marked down to $499.00 plus I had a coupon to get an additional $100.00 off. Making the purchase $399.00. I placed my order 05/12/11 but it will not ship until 5/26/11!

So, I don't have the E-350 laptop yet and haven't been charged for it. Now I'm hearing rumors that Llano 4x APU will come out in June!

Questions
1) Was purchasing an IdeaPad S205 for $399 a good deal?
2) Should I cancel my order and wait for a Llano laptop?
3) How much do you think a Llano laptop would cost?

Thanks for your thoughts!

jimbob1979

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
thanks for this wr2, i just saw both the HP and the Lenovo side by side, the HP was £349 and the lenovo £299 in the UK PC World stores.

Am erring towards Lenovo, what are essential upgrades? Ram or an SSD drive?

kr00lplatinum

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010

Do NOT buy the Lenovo S205. I purchased it and it was a big mistake. It uses a program called Keys Recovery. Basically you press a button on it and a restore patrician on the HDD will restore Windows 7 to factory settings. Sounds great... But if you delete the HDD patricians you brick the netbook. Which I did!

I was attempting to install Ubuntu instead of Windows and ended up bricking my netbook. I then returned the system and received a full refund. I have since purchased a Asus Eee PC 1215B and love it.

If you do get the Lenovo I would opt for a SSD because it will come with 3gb of RAM. Which is more than enough for playing 1080p videos on Youtube.