Solved! Hp class action lawsuit

stormwarm

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Hello,
I have a problem with my HP dv6275us video display,in trying to find a fix on You Tube. I discoved the class action law suit against HP, it seems I am too late for any conpensation. My question is, is there a reasonable price repair in the NYC area that can fix this.I really don't won't to ship it out. The best price I saw online is from Rebootit.biz --125.00 flat rate, thanks for your time. I can be reched @ wbarn92260@aol.com

Solution

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

At one time - at least in the UK - there was a page on HP's website where you could input your serial number of a DV6000 series to see if you qualified for an out of warranty free repair. That applied if was a problem with the overheating caused by their use of early, inefficient lead-free solder.

I'm pretty sure it was the .com site so it's worth having a look. You may need to pay carriage to send it back but it won't amount to $125.

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

At one time - at least in the UK - there was a page on HP's website where you could input your serial number of a DV6000 series to see if you qualified for an out of warranty free repair. That applied if was a problem with the overheating caused by their use of early, inefficient lead-free solder.

I'm pretty sure it was the .com site so it's worth having a look. You may need to pay carriage to send it back but it won't amount to $125.

Solution