Solved! Antivirus for window 7 in laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

elzoid

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
The AVG Free I was running on Windows XP will not install on my Dell Inspiron 15R. Is that an O/S incompatibility issue? Is it a problem with the McAfee trial that is on the PC but I did not activate. I will uninstall the McAfee on the 15r laptop. In the meantime, if you know the correct answer, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mike Elzey

Solution
you should only in install one AntiVirus software at a time. McAfee might see AVG as a threat and prevents it from being installed.

overclockingrocks

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
Exactly what Emerald said. One antivirus will see even the small snippets of code (called signatures) that the other uses to identify viruses as viruses and as such it will prevent the installation. Personally I'd also switch from AVG to Avast. Reason for that is that Avast is and always has been free whereas AVG is constantly nagging to upgrade to the paid software. I am the network support tech at my workplace and we run AVG as that's what my boss wanted us to run for some god forsaken reason. Having to disable that notifcation was a huge PITA requiring registery edits and other such things to prevent that specific code from loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS