Hannspree hf237 hdmi display not full screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Your version of dv6 uses an Intel video adapter. Go to the link below and get the current driver for your operating system. Pay attention to whether you need the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows. When installed, your drivers will be up to date and you'll have a utility that will allow you to make screen/display adjustments, like scaling.

Good luck!

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=%22GMA+4500MHD%22

Solution

COLGeek

Cybernaut

+1 here. If you aren't using the native resolution of the monitor (right click on your desktop, select Screen Resolution, adjust as needed) you will have the black border around the image. Your monitor may also allow you to configure it to "stretch" or scale an image that is not sent at its native resolution (that would be controlled by the monitor's menu or a monitor utility).

The current Intel driver also allows you to set scaling options. So, what resolution are you sending to the monitor now? I assume you sending out as 1366 x 768 ( WXGA ) which is what your notebook display supports.

trpwire

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
running 1920 x 1080

Only way I can get it to work is by running it in single output mode to "television".

Right clicking on screen does not yield "screen resolution" option.

Running Vista Home Premium with service pack 2.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Understood on the OS. Did you install the drivers?

You are displaying at the proper resolution. Good.

AntiZig

Distinguished
ok, right click the desktop go to properties, Settings tab.
you should see 2 monitors like i have in the pic. The primary one should be your laptop lcd, you want to click on the 2 box (see where mine says not active, since I'm using only one screen. Yours should be active and clickable. Alternatively you should also be able to select the second monitor from the dropdown box right below the schematic.) It will show the resolution for that monitor, make sure it's set to 1920x1080.
resolution.png

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Nice follow-up and screen posting.

trpwire

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Had to remove HDMI cord and return to VGA cable to get proper screen on second monitor.

Must be "Leprechauns" in my system.

Thanx for all responses

Wally Crawford
Belleview, Florida

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Good luck. BTW, please edit your last response to remove your e-mail address (unless you like receiving lots of SPAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.