How to remove keyboard from Dell Latitude E6420

htprince

Distinguished
May 8, 2011
How do you remove the keyboard form the Dell Latitude E6420? I want to tinstall a memory upgrade and the memory slots are both under the keyboard as is the hard drive access. It is not like the older Latitude series such as the D series with external covers over the hard drive bay and the memory slots.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Solution

you actually come from the bottom of the laptop, this changed between the D and E series. D series was from the top under the keyboard and E series has been from the bottom, better cooling is the reason.

Remove all the screws labelled D, the HDD has 4, 2 of which double for the back plastic. Remove all screws labelled D and then pull the backing off, removing the battery gives you access to grab...

koolin

Distinguished
May 13, 2011

you actually come from the bottom of the laptop, this changed between the D and E series. D series was from the top under the keyboard and E series has been from the bottom, better cooling is the reason.

Remove all the screws labelled D, the HDD has 4, 2 of which double for the back plastic. Remove all screws labelled D and then pull the backing off, removing the battery gives you access to grab it better. It will be stuck a little so don't freak if you hear something sticky coming part.

Solution

htprince

Distinguished
May 8, 2011

Thanks. It was easy to accesss once I found out what to do.

htprince

TRENDING THREADS