Need help deciding which laptop to buy

Nashar

Distinguished
May 8, 2011
I want to buy a new laptop but I am overwhelmed with all the choices out there. I know roughly the specs I want but I don't know what brand/model to buy. Here is what I need:

I need it to be a desktop replacement, I'm thinking i5 processor, about 15 inch screen, the battery life should be 3.5 hours or more. I won't be playing too many games. I won't be doing any photo/video editing, I'll mainly be using it for watching movies and doing university work (nothing too demanding). I want at least 500GB of storage and at least 4GB RAM. I'd like the laptop to last for about 4 years.

I live in Egypt (I know it'll be more expensive here than if I get it from abroad but it's OK)

Hello Nashar;
Even if you only play one game and you want to laptop to play it well? That's a gaming laptop and you have to pick the right specs for that.

Help us out and answer a few questions in the form shown in the sticky topic:
FAQ - Read before buying / considering a laptop

Also - are there any online stores you visit that show what's available and prices there in Egypt?

Nashar

Distinguished
May 8, 2011
No I meant whatever games I play won't be heavy on graphics (I usually only play Age of Empires which is 10 years old, and Football Manager which is low on graphics).

Anyway I bought the HP dv6-3170 today.

Thanks for the reply.