Solved! How to get the mac number of lost toshiba laptop?

lolo12

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
Hello,
i lost my toshiba laptop, i have its serial number can i get its mac number? if i can get it than from where?

Solution
Hello lolo12;

Probably not. You can try contacting Toshiba and asking if, by chance, they have a record of the laptops MAC Address.

Even if you do get the MAC address you could only have it tracked inside a local network by the Network Admin. If it's connected to the internet through a router or DSL modem then only the MAC address of the router/DSL modem is visible to the ISP. They can't 'see' inside the local network to figure out what MAC addresses are in use on the local network.
Hello lolo12;

Probably not. You can try contacting Toshiba and asking if, by chance, they have a record of the laptops MAC Address.

Even if you do get the MAC address you could only have it tracked inside a local network by the Network Admin. If it's connected to the internet through a router or DSL modem then only the MAC address of the router/DSL modem is visible to the ISP. They can't 'see' inside the local network to figure out what MAC addresses are in use on the local network.

Solution