New recall on Pavillion dv9000?

lssray

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Hello,

Hello,

I have an HP Pavillion dv9000 and it is having all sorts of problems. I was not notified that it actually had a recall. Aparently its not like when there is a recall on a car and they let you know about it.

Does anyone know when they are going to start up another recall for this computer?

lssray

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
I bought it new, and I remember buying a warrenty so I'm sure it's registered.

When I took it in to a computer shop he told me that he was sure there was going to be another recall because the Pavillion computers were so bad and they didn't allow enough money in their recall budjet to cover even close to how many computers they put out. I hope he is right but he wasn't sure when the recall might come out. Otherwise it would cost $150.00 to fix and I wouldn't have my computer for 2-3 possibly 4 weeks.

Do you know the best way to possibly get it fixed for any less? I really need it for all of my classes and since I pay for school out of my own pocket without financial aid or anything, I don't have a whole lot of cash to throw around.

AntiZig

Distinguished
If you laptop is still on warranty why don't you contact hp?

Regarding getting it fixed at some 3rd party tech, it's hard to say how much it will cost or if there's DIY options available without knowing what the problems are...

lssray

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011

I did call HP and they said that they don't do anything for it after one year and that it would cost around $300 to fix it.

lssray

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
It's not under warrenty. I already called HP and they don't really do anything for them after one year unless it's a recall and the recall ended on March 14th.

Slimcarey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011

Hey I am having the ssame issue i was never notified by anyone this lawsuit was going on but I am looking to find a new open lawsuit have you found anything yet?

buddytools

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
Same here, I was never notified or told about the issues and I bought mine new a few years ago. I bought it for my son and thought we were just having bad luck (since I never had a PC with so much trouble).

After it stopped powering up, it just sat there for months until I could find time. Then, I started searching for answers and found all the stuff people were saying about recalls and lawsuits.

Mine was the same black screen issue many were talking about. So I took it apart and fixed it myself. If yours has the same problem, I could fix it for you for about $80 and have it on its way back to you same day.

Ron
buddytools@hotmail.com

snapshot32

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
I had two DV-6000 series bought on a peer's recommendation. Both overheated due to the NVIDIA issue. Both were registered with HP, and HP wanted close to $300 to fix them - for a known issue.

FWIW, my other units are Toshibas, and so far so good. Back in 2002 there was an issue and Toshiba sent me two 'Toshiba freecard' to mitigate my problem (You can Google that 'Toshiba freecard' for the whole story).

If HP had done the same thing, it would have been a wise decision, eg: a $300 credit on a $600 machine. I still would have paid $600 for a newer CPU laptop, gotten $300 back, and HP would be clear with a $300 sale, which is probably their wholesale cost - which mean a profit, and potential future sales . . . . .

Now what happened? I wrote HP off my approved vendor's list, bought Epsons Stylus Pro printers, and refused to approve the HP Designjets ($2000 printers & future loss in ink sales!). All my fellow photographers did the same, and HP received my in kind publicity when seeing a HP units in media & marketing sites .

It takes time, but the proof of their arrogance is in the current HP stock price and demise.

LeanMan82

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011

good show