Need help repairing an HP DV2500t

keslorthian

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Hi all. I just got an HP DV2500t that has a bad graphics card which is a 319MB Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS. I cann't seem to find that card anywhere, nore can I find any repair manuals for the laptop ANYWHERE. Does anyone have any info about where I can get a replacement card/part to get it up and running again? Or where I can get/download a repair manual?
Thanks!

P.S. I ask you not waste my time and do not post replys on how HP is horrible and what now due to the "problems" people have had with their laptops. I've used HP for the last 8 years and they in my book are GREAT! I've got a DV8000 from 2005 that is STILL running like a champ. So please keep you HP vitching off this thread. OK? Thanks.

keslorthian

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Yea, just looked at the site. The claim doesn't apply anymore seeing the deadline has now passed. Kinda Effed up. Cann't seem to find any info on the Maintenance and Service Guide on a replacement "whatever"

The thing I noticed looking at the Service Guide was there was no separate part number listing for a graphics card.
That got me to thinking it might be an integrated graphics chip on the motherboard.
Which would require a replacement motherboard to have a change at fixing things.
You might look up that motherboard part number and see if you can find out if it does in fact have an IGP or a spot for a discrete graphics card to be attached.

keslorthian

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
SO My laptop FINALLY came in, and I got to play around with it. The backlight comes on, HDD light flickers for a second, but thats about it. No image and no BIOS beep. So I think the GPU has fried. And yea, that's what I was afraid of. The GPU on the system board itself. But it's all good. Just Ordered a replacement System Board for the DV2500. Also bought a replacement display inverter JUST in case. I'll keep everyone inform.

atank

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012

Hi,

Can you please let me know from where did you order the replacement system board? Please share the link if you have. I have got exaclty the same problem with my Hp 2500t

casess

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
g.gif
So I think the GPU has fried. And yea, that's what I was afraid of. The GPU on the system board itself. But it's all good.

TRENDING THREADS